Friday, December 16, 2011

A Lovely Day in Rivington, Lancashire

What a lovely day for a walk around the reservoir, Jepson's Farm, and Lead Mine Clough in Rivington, Lancashire!  Of course, a lovely day in December in Rivington means that it's raining over there, and not here...


...and if you look to the coast, it might actually have been sunny a moment ago.


I've been here many times visiting family and friends, but I've always been confined to the inside of bungalows and pubs as there never seems to be enough time.  This is the first chance I've had time to take a leisurely walk around.  It is everything I imagined it to be.  The sharp wind on my cheek as we walked the ridge, the squish of black mud and fresh dung under foot, the sheep keeping clear as they sense my excessive libido, and everything wrapped in a hundred shades of green.




No comments:

Post a Comment