Saturday, July 16, 2011

Lamburger! Natasha's Market Cafe

Yes, we love to eat, and we try and eat well when we're on the road.  Our latest find is Natasha's Market Cafe on Route 8 just north of Route 221 in Floyd, VA.  With the desire for another visit to Willie's Wee-Nee Wagon still fresh in our minds, I didn't think we would find another meal so good so fast.  I had no idea we were about to run into the Lamburger.  A delicious patty of ground lamb, as tender as the cute little lamb itself, topped with a tangy yogurt and dill sauce, left me sorry that I ordered the pork BBQ.  Look closely at the picture below.


Before I could order my second beer and get the camera out to take the picture, half of the Lamburger (on the right) had been devoured, as well as half of the equally good cream of mushroom soup on the left.  As well, I'm guessing on the ingredients to the Lamburger, as I only got the briefest of looks at it before it was completely devoured, and my wife growled like a Rottweiler standing over a steak bone when I asked for a bite.

While my son and I still give Willie the edge based on a combination of taste and price (Willie's sandwiches cost half the price of Natasha's), my wife's choice of the Lamburger set a new gastronomic high point for the trip to date.  If I had been smart enough to order the Lamburger, I would have a new favorite as well!

Natasha's can be found here: http://www.natashasmarketcafe.com/.


No comments:

Post a Comment