Monday, February 20, 2012

Grand Canyon - Sunrise from Mather Point

While the rest of the family slept soundly, I braved the 5º F (-15º C) temperature and headed up to Mather Point Overlook to snap a few quick shots of the sunrise.  Accompanied by about two dozen Japanese and some Eastern Europeans, we enjoyed a fantastic start to the day.

It was also quite amusing watching the slow torture of one poor American guy who'd chosen his traveling companion poorly.  He was obviously a serious photographer based on the tripod, lens kit, and high end camera.  She was obviously interested in neither photography nor the beautiful scene unfolding below.  She hopped up and down while flapping her arms to keep warm, and squawked at him over and over, "Why do you need so many pictures of the same thing?  I'm cold!  I'm hungry!" 



The miserable girl continues to hop around [stamp, flap, stamp, flap], still squawking,  "Are you still taking pictures or are you just looking through that thing?  I'm hungry!  I'm cold!" 


[stamp, flap, stamp, flap] Still squawking,  "Did you see?  The sun's up now.  When are we gonna go?  I'm hungry!  I'm cold!"

 


[stamp, flap, stamp, flap] "Why did you move the tripod?  It looks the same from here as it did from over there to me.  I'm hungry!  I'm cold!"

I'm very lucky to be traveling with my wife and son...sometimes you appreciate the people that you are with the most when they are not there!

No comments:

Post a Comment