Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Grand Canyon

The views at the Grand Canyon are, as you would expect, stunning!  The snow today made it even better than usual!


While I headed down the Bright Angel Trail...


...my intrepid, adventurous companions discovered the Visitor Center!



I caught a brief break in the weather, so here's the view I mentioned before.




Let's try that first picture again...



OK, so I didn't actually hike the Bright Angel Trail in the snow and slush.  I took advantage of the snowy day, and instead we went to El Tovar for a fantastic lunch!

First course, my wife had the french onion soup...



...and she followed it with a healthy salad.


Our son, as usual, had the Angus burger, which he rated a 7 out of 10 - plenty greasy, with a nice stinky gorgonzola aioli.


I went with the prime rib and horseradish on sourdough bread with a healthy bowl of fruit to unclog my arteries.



El Tovar is, without a doubt, the best meal in the Grand Canyon.  If you go at lunch, it is very reasonably priced as well.  Be Italian - eat a big lunch and have a snack for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment