Sunday, August 7, 2011

Mammoth Lakes, CA - Auld Dubliner Pub - two votes for the best beef stew in the world!

My wife, being concerned about our truck making up and down these hills for the next few months, and always savvy about our expenses and saving money on gas, suggested we look at some alternative transportation.  This is what she came up with.


Sitting in the eastern Sierra Nevadas in Mammoth Lakes, drinking a pint of Mammoth Brewing Co. Epic IPA (http://www.mammothbrewingco.com/), eating Fried Macaroni and Cheese...it doesn't get any better than this!


My son and I agree that the Beef Stew at the Auld Dubliner pub is the best in the United States.  My wife likes it across the street at Burgers better - she likes the thicker broth.  Many times on this blog, you've seen me apologize for not getting the picture off in time before the wife and son have devoured their meals, dessert, etc.  Notice that most of the fried mac & cheese above is already gone.  Below is a picture of what I'm usually dealing with.  Before I can get the camera out, look at the flashing sparks from the fork and knife and the hands reaching across the table - for my dinner!


My son had the world's best Beef Stew.  It was, as always, delicious.  This visit, I went for the Irish Stew Boxty, a potato pancake filled with beef stew.  It was tasty but a bit dry, so I was glad to have his beef stew handy.  After liberally ladeling his broth onto my boxty, it was delicious.  My wife had the skirt steak washed down with Bass ale - another good choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment