Saturday, August 13, 2011

She's finally a believer

A couple of years ago, I was flipping through late night TV and ended up on CCN watching the Donny Deutsche show.  He was interviewing the inventor of a cleaning system, the Tersano Lotus Cleaning System.  I was so impressed with the interview that I went out and bought one the next day.  My wife laughed at me, and called me a sucker.  For two years, she watched me religously bring every bit of produce home from the grocery store and wash it in the Tersano.  Finally, a couple of weeks ago, her epiphany arrived.

When we packed everything up in Orlando, the Tersano got packed up as well.  At the last minute, I grabbed a big bag of apples for the journey, and washed them with hot soapy water, not thinking anything of it.  A couple of hundred miles into the journey, I handed my wife one to eat.  She took a single bite, and spit it out, claiming it tasted bitter and chemical.  I had to peel it before I could get her or my son to eat it.  I washed one thoroughly at our next stop, but the chemical aftertaste remained.  The apples slowly percolated to the bottom of the snack bag, not to be touched until we arrived here in Mammoth Lakes. 

After I unpacked the Tersano Lotus Cleaning System in Mammoth, I ran the apples through it.  I handed my wife a freshly washed apple.  No bitter residue, no chemical taste.  We ate all of the apples, skins and all, over the next few days with no complaints.

My wife is finally a believer.



1 comment: