Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Florence pub crawl?

I've drunk so much red wine, I feel like I have been squashed in a barrel.  So, tonight I tried to convince the family to go on a pub crawl.  I ended up going alone.  Where's my brother-in-law when I need him?

First stop, The Terrace in the Hotel Pitti Plaza for views of the sunset over Florence.  Sorry, we only took picture of the food, so you'll have to come here to see the sunset for yourself.


After depositing the family back in the apartment, as they had no interest in continuing after such a high point of the trip, I headed out to Via de Benci (home of the Red Garter) to enjoy Florence on my last night here.  Second stop, the Soul Kitchen.


After a strong, red beer in a pub where no one knows my name and everyone speaks a foreign language, I wasn't daunted and headed to Tartan Jack's Scottish Pub.


Alas, it was owned by Koreans and didn't have a decent ale on draft, so I had some flowery Belgian ale that was made with yeast plucked from monk's toes, considered myself lucky, and headed out for some food.

No comments:

Post a Comment