Sunday, January 22, 2012

Our Italy Ditty

We spend a lot of time traveling, so when a song gets stuck in our head, we use the time to create new lyrics...yesterday was one of those days.  An hour on the train with the Kink's classic "Lola" stuck in my head, and here's the ditty my son and I created, much to the wife/mother's chagrin:

I grew some sideburns while in Italy, now my wife can't stand the sight of me,
I'm European, so so European.
I bought a shiny jacket and some pointy shoes, sip my cappucino and I'm ready to cruise,
I'm European, so so European.
I eat a big lunch and sleep all afternoon, and I stop work for the summer 'round the month of June.
I'm European, so so European.
I speak three languages but you're not from my town, so I'm looking at you like you're Bozo the clown.
I'm European, so so European.

I couldn't speak Italian just three weeks ago,
But now it's ciao, arrivaderci, and buongiorno!
I make homemade pasta and drink red wine,
Give me a gelato and life's mighty fine!
I'm thinkin' 'bout surgery for a bigger nose,
Buying a man-purse, and designer clothes!
I'm European, so so European.
So so European.

No comments:

Post a Comment