Friday, January 13, 2012

Oh no, we're not hungry

So, for the last four hours, the crew repeatedly said "we're not hungry, we can't face another Italian meal until tomorrow...we'd rather eat raw Italian broccoli".  So, I went downstairs to Il Grottino and picked myself up a delicious pizza and a couple of doppel bocks.  (An amazing side note: it took less than six minutes for me to walk in, order, and walk out with a steaming pie in hand!)  I walk into the apartment, and it's like throwing a Christian in front of the lions.  In seconds, I've had one slice, my son has consumed two, and my wife has polished off the rest...except for a single slice that I've preserved like an antiquity.  So, I make them pay.  Whoever wants the last slice, must eat the raw Italian broccoli.


It didn't work.  They consumed a head of broccoli and then fought like gladiators over the last slice.

Italian broccoli is beautiful, like a monument to broccoli rather than the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment